Here ís an unbaked pie that ís creamy without the cream, and so high in protein that you can make a healthy breakfast of it! The filling can be blended up alone, and served in glasses as pudding.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 8 chopped pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. organic canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Using a blender or food processor, grind oats and pitted dates into a coarse but well-combined mixture. Pour this into a mixing bowl.
- Work the oil into the oat/date mix with a fork.
- Add just enough water so this mixture sticks together when pressed with fingers.
- Press this into a 9-inch pie pan with a fork or your fingers. Press the dough up the sides of the pan about ¼-inch short of the top.
- 2 boxes (13 oz each) of firm Mori-Nu brand silken tofu
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Stevia powder to taste
- Slices of fresh fruit, your choice: kiwi, strawberry, apricot, pineapple, etc.
- Open 2 packages of tofu and drain off the excess liquid.
- Place tofu in a blender or food processor with ¼ cup of the water. Blend until smooth using as little water as absolutely necessary to get a smooth mixture. (This is to minimize any excess liquid running off the pie after itís made. If this happens, just spoon it off. The pie ís fine).
- Sweeten to your taste with stevia powder, then pour this filling into pie shell. Arrange slices of kiwi, strawberry, or other fresh fruit decoratively on top. Chill for at least an hour until set.